Tresi serves as President of the Estate Planning and Probate Section of the Collin County Bar Association. She serves on the Board of Directors of Disability Rights Texas, and as Chair of the Mental Illness Advisory Council for Disability Rights Texas. She also serves on the Board of Directors for the Association for Independent Living (“AFIL”) in Dallas, as well as the Dallas Society of Financial Service Professionals. She is on the Advisory Council for My Possibilities. She was recently appointed to the Advisory Council of My Possibilities. She enjoys her volunteer legal work for the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program and the Collin County office of Legal Aid of North West Texas.
Tresi is a lifelong learner through her memberships in the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Probate Trust and Estates section of the Dallas Bar Association, the Dallas Estate Planning Council, Estate Planning Council of North Texas, Wealth Counsel, Elder Counsel, and the State Bar College.
Tresi is a frequent speaker on special needs trust for attorneys, advisors, educators and parents of children with special needs. She is also a frequent speaker for women’s and church groups about basic estate planning and godly stewardship. She lives with her husband Kevin, and they are active members of Watermark Community Church in Dallas.
Tresi is also the founder of Texas GPS, a Non-Profit Helping Families Navigate the Special Needs World.
Awards, Activities and MEMBERSHIP
- Collin County Bar Association: Board Member; President of the Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Disability Rights Texas: Board Member, Chair of the PAIMI Advisory Council
- Association for Independent Living, Dallas: Board Member
- Dallas Society of Financial Service Professionals: Board Member
- My Possibilities: Advisory Council Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys: member
- Dallas Bar Association: member of the Probate, Trusts and Estates Section
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program: volunteer attorney
- Legal Aid of North West Texas: volunteer attorney
- Dallas Estate Planning Council: member
- Estate Planning Council of North Texas: member
- tate Bar College: member
- Legal Services of North Texas: volunteer, Pro Bono Service Award 1989-91
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association: President 1993, Vice President 1992, Board of Directors 1989-94, member 1988-95
- State Bar of Texas: member of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section; Mentor Program for Lawyers Committee 1994-98, Local Bar Services Committee 1994-96
Ms. Weeks became licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas in 1987. She is also licensed in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit.
This article on Special Needs Trusts was published in the Dallas Bar Association Headnotes.Contact Tresi